Tuesday, May 15, 2012

41


Today I learned a few things:

1. There are 3 Duran Duran songs which contain the word "birthday". Rio, Come Undone, and Secret Oktober
2. Turning 41 means I've finally become senile. I forgot to wear Fluevogs on International Fluevog Day. DOH!
3. I have awesome family, friends and coworkers (though I did know that before today but it was totally reinforced).

For some dumb reason, I decided to wear my gold Noa Noa shoes to work today. Maybe I felt like a Golden Girl?


Sweater: Joe Fresh
Dress: Anthropologie
Shoes: Noa Noa via eBay

I hadn't planned on wearing this dress so I guess I confused myself and ended up grabbing a pair of non-Fluevog shoes. Silly Megan.

I do love these shoes though.

Today my friend from the bus "A" brought me a little cupcake, and at work today my coworkers gave me a necklace, a cupcake, and a wind-up squirrel.

MMmmmm...cupcake.

 My sister and BIL bought me some books - the autobiography about The Bloggess and a book about couturier Elsa Schiaparelli which is very cool.











My mom bought me some things at Smoking Lily when she was there in February.




















This is the Lilibet skirt with the flies on it and a scarf with octopuses on it like my octopus coat. She also got me some earrings with shoes on them.  She knows me so well.

My friends bought me a gift certificate for a "soul restoring" pedicure and the Angry Birds board game. FUN!

My husband bought me a new iPad and case and his photo studio partner's son made me an Angry Birds hat.

Luckily I remembered to wear Fluevogs tonight when we went out for dinner.


Sweater: Pretty Things Boutique
Shirt: Lilith
Skirt: Smoking Lily (present from my mom)
Shoes: Fluevog Wonders | Ayers

All-in-all, a pretty awesome birthday. 41 has started off very auspiciously.

7 comments:

  1. I always love that dress. Gold shoes are perfect for birthdays. You got some really cute gifts and that cupcake looks delicious!

    Also that skirt is adorable and I kind of want to steal it. I adore Smoking Lily stuff.

    Happy birthday Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Love that Anthro dress on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looking fun and radiant as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I am loving that skirt so much! And that cupcake looks delicious. LOL at the Angry Birds hat!

    I did the under desk picture today! So that is my gift to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That black dress is smokin' on you! I love the Fluevog Ayers as well - I've been eyeing them.

    Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Megan! 41 is an excellent number.

    Your Smoking Lily stuff is wonderful! I think I saw that skirt there in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! And I agree that black dress looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete