Thursday, May 24, 2012

Diagonal stripes

I'm so happy to see the arse end of today. It started with receiving a text message from my coworker which read "Turn around and go home..." and ended with my dinner plans being thwarted by a dead battery in my car. The middle was filled with meetings, conference calls, and my performance appraisal.

Some good things were having good, reliable staff that you can count on to attend meetings when you can't, and to commiserate with over drinks after work; having CAA to give my car a boost; and having patient friends. Oh, and kitties to come home too.

I was so busy today that I forgot to take my photo at work! I took this quick one on my deck when I got home prior to attempting to start my car.


Sweater: Pretty Things Boutique
Cami: Joe Fresh
Dress: thrifted - Formerly Yours Boutique
Shoes: Desigual (last worn here)

I bought this dress last year around July 1st, so I call it my Canada day dress. It was hanging in the window of the store and they almost refused to take it down since the owner doesn't like to disturb her window displays. I was very convincing though.

I wore it once and realized rather quickly that I needed to wear something underneath it to give more coverage on the top. By the time I bought this tank top it was too cold to really wear this much. I was glad to wear it today because it made me feel confident and happy while going through the wringer.

And this cardigan is the absolutely perfect colour of red. Not too orange and not too pink. Thanks again Pretty Things!

So glad to see Friday tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute. I am terrible about wanting stuff off mannequins. Glad you convinced the shop owner to part with the dress because it's way more adorable on you than sitting in a window. I think it's just been one of those crazy days today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Store owners should never complain about taking displays apart. That's what displays are for: selling things!

    I love the dress - it's so Canada Day! I always wear camis with my low tops - too much boobage is not good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those shoes are to die for "drools" :) lovely outfit in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes must be one of my favourites of yours.
    Hope that today is going a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Sorry it was a bit of a crazy day! Glad you still got a picture of this because the dress is really cute! Love the shoes and cardi as well. I hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a difficult day! Thank goodness for the weekend, right? Hopefully next week will be better!

    Adore those shoes! And the dress. I never understood shopkeepers who don't want to touch the display - though I imagine it could get annoying if people keep asking to see something and nobody buys it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your cute outfit got you through the day! The shoes are so adorable. I like your Canada Day dress to. I always like to wear read and white on July 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is a candy cane but better.

    ReplyDelete