Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Layers and stripes and mixing patterns

Today's title doesn't refer to my outfit but to the Spring 2013 designs of Thom Browne. When I saw photos of his collection from NY Fashion Week I was thrilled by its awesomeness. It has a very Tim Burtonesque/Edward Scissorhands feel to it with the striped tights and the black and white.  I was also reminded of Melanie from Bag and a Beret because she is a master of layering and pattern mixing.

Here are some of my favourite Thom Browne looks




Photos: IMAXTree (from The Fashionist)

Maybe not entirely "ready to wear" but I love it all just the same.

Today I wore something that didn't entirely match but who cares?


Cardigan: Pretty Things Boutique (it's purple)
Jumpsuit: Lilith (last worn here not as successfully)
Obi Belt: Megan Mae Daily
Shoes: Fluevog Mini | Gorgeous  

My coworker who dubbed me "The Flash" yesterday didn't like these shoes. No accounting for taste.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, I have not heard of Thom Brown so thanks for sharing. I think your shoes are spectacularly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to look at Thom Brown's outfits - I don't think I can pull them off at my advanced age without a big dose of irony, but I *love* the look. I'd wear the white lace coat in a minute. And your jumpsuit with Megan's obi belt is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Thom Brown, but man, I do love that seamed hoop skirt in the second picture. Want!

    I love your cool shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh the belt looks great with that dress imo. Mind if I use the picture for a Sew Sunday feature? I think the minis are adorable shoes. They look so comfy to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool - I'm digging the pattern mix in the first photo, and that second hoop skirt is amazing.

    I am also madly in love with your jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen (or heard of) this fab collection before. awesome! and your shoes are gorgeous, I'd love to have the alike

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say it matches, everybody has its views on how thinghs should match, right?
    and who cares anyway! you do you thing that makes you happy!
    I say that Designer is a lot like Marc Jacobs, don't you think?
    I love those crazy proportions, i might try it and ah! color and pattern mixing you got to love it!

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  8. With the addition of some stripy tights, you too could easily do this look, Megan! You already do print mixing and layering, though you may need to work on getting your hair up like those models!
    I didn't spot that it is a jumpsuit you are wearing, I like it.
    Can't please the co-workers all the time, I guess... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is WRONG with your co-worker?!? :P Those shoes are so perfect with the grey dress and the belt with the subtle greens.

    I'm with Curtise. All you need is those black and white tights. Hmmm, The Teen has orange and black striped ones. But I'm pretty certain the law office isn't ready for those yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the cartoonish proportions of the Thom Browne clothes. I don't understand how anyone could not like those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am absolutely ready to wear all of those Thom Browne clothes!!! I especially am ready for that bell-bottom skirt.
    I think you match! Excellent Megan Mae obi belt. And your shoes are out of this world wonderful. If you dressed to please your coworkers then the world would fall down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I need stripey tights too. Surely world domination would follow if you could wear those? Thanks for the intro to Thom Browne.

    ReplyDelete