Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Take back the life that you wanna lead

My outfit today was inspired by this dress on the Anthropologie website.



My coworker was talking to me while I took these photos and making me laugh.

Cardigan: Pretty Things Boutique
Dress: Elroy (last worn here)
Necklace: Pretty Chic
Shoes: Messeca (last worn here)

Tights! Fall! Tights!

I wouldn't normally wear a dress this short to work but I felt like pushing the envelope a little today. I didn't have any outside meetings so it didn't really matter.


At least I keep my terrible tattoos covered up most of the day.

Yesterday, my last surviving grandparent, my Granny, passed away. She was 97 and had had a stroke about 5 years ago so she's been in a nursing home. If she had understood what was happening to her she would have hated it.

My fondest memories of my Granny are from when I was a young child and we used to go up to my grandparent's cottage. Everyday at 2:00 all of the grand-kids would return to the cottage from our wanderings in the woods, picking wild strawberries, sitting on the dock, or swimming if you were crazy. and Granny would haul out the "two o'clock goodie bag".  We'd all put our hands in and pull out a pack of gum or a chocolate bar or a lollypop. Two o'clock goodie bag was the best!

I'm sad that she's gone but I know she had a good life and was loved by her 4 children and 7 grandchildren.

Both of my grandmothers lived into their 90s. Good sign?

9 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss of your Granny, but your story from the cottage is a wonderful memory. Yes, it's a very good sign to have long-lived ancestors!

    Your take on the Anthro dress is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathy for the loss of your Granny, but it sounds like she had a long and full life, and I love the story of the two o'clock goodie bag. Gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your granny, Megan. What a sweet memory.

    You look great when you're really smiling - love the dress and tights, and of course the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say why not go short if you've got great legs, which you have, Megan! It's a fab dress, and hurrah for coloured tights. I like your smiling shots, you look great.
    Sorry to hear about your granny, but what a lovely memory to cherish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful laughing photo; your whole face is lit up. It's good to see you happy. You go girl on the short skirt; you've got the legs for it.

    I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother. One of my grandmothers lived on a river (and also to 101 years old), and I have many great memories of swimming with her and sitting on the bank, just hanging out and talking about life. She always had terrific homemade sweets on hand.

    Sounds like the 2:00 p.m. goodie bag tradition could be revived...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your granny!! One of my grandmothers barely made it to 80, but the other lived to be 96 - so I hope I take after her! What wonderful memories it sounds like you have of her! And yes, after a stroke sometimes it's almost better that way, isn't it? Thinking of you.

    I like the dress and tights together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the story of your Granny - sounds like she was a special and awesome lady.

    Besides your wonderful great big grin, I love your take on this look, such plummy tights and great shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely memory of your grandmother. Sorry for your loss.


    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your granny but glad you have such great memories of her.

    Echoing other comments, more smiling pics please. And the dress is short, yes but looks great & I think the tights make it decent?!

    ReplyDelete