Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Clashing Animals

I didn't realize until I got to work that I was mixing patterns. Squirrel motif with cheetah print? Can you say "CLASH?" *haha*


Maybe that's why I look so displeased.

Cardigan: Anthropologie (last worn here)
Dress: Anthropologie
Belt: Megan Mae (last worn here
Tights: Joe Fresh!
Shoes: Fluevog Presence Hi | Desmond (last worn here) (too long ago!)

It also wasn't until I got to work that I realized that the shoes didn't quite match the turquoise dress and cardigan. Oh well!


Once again someone was in the kitchen watching me, hence the goofy face.

This really is a very simple dress and quite similar to this dress. Blue? check! Jersey? check! Short? check! Ooops.

I probably wouldn't  have considered buying these tights a year ago, but my coworker has them and wore them and I was convinced that they were something new I should try. It's good to break out of your comfort zone every once in a while.


Tomorrow we're supposed to be hit by a bit of a weather bomb. Snow, freezing rain, and then about 20-30mm of rain over the next two days. Yuck. I never know what to wear in the rain other than my bright yellow rubber boots. Wool is usually a good choice since it dries quickly.

I know I won't be wearing pants though. Nothing worse than wet pants!

10 comments:

  1. How are you not wearing one of my squirrel necklaces with that squirrel sweater! :-D

    It's not every day I see a squirrel sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that dress, and the obi looks so awesome with it. I think the tights rock. I like to call looks like this "predator/prey" looks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is adorable, especially with that dress! The obi does look good with it.

    I don't know how you can take pictures at work - you must work wit some cool people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Val - that sweater is too cute, but you sexify it with the cool animal hose. And Megan Mae's belt is fantastic with that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit, your dress is really pretty but that cardigan and fabulous tights give it an unexpected twist!, you rock!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cosy, I love those blues and your great necklace. And as Megan Mae describes, the "predator / prey" dynamic. Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sexify! Melanie is a genius, coming up with that new style term! And she's right of course - cute woodland creature on top, racy predatory cat on the bottom. (Note I resisted saying the P word, aren't you impressed with my restraint?!)
    The dress is lovely, and I am so glad you are dong shorter lengths and fabulous tights with your always excellent shoes! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! I love this cardigan! It's so levely! Kisses x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shades of blue, and an adorable squirrel - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cardigan is amazing! I think two types of animals are find together (as long as the squirrel isn't worried).

    ReplyDelete