Thursday, April 4, 2013

Purple Cardigan

Day 3 of work and I'm a little bored. At my old job I had more responsibility and was more involved in all issues. Here my focus is quite narrow so I'm having trouble focusing on the few things that I have been given to do. I'm sure that things will be hectic soon enough so I'm not going to complain!

I might need to scope out a better place for my photos. This place has terrible lighting. For example. my cardigan is purple, not black. Even with adjusting levels and contrast I can't make it look purple. You'll have to take my word for it. I'll have to enlist the help of one of my coworkers who knows about this blog (Hi R!) and see if she can suggest a better locale.


Cardigan: Pretty Things Boutique
Dress: Desigual (last worn here)
Shoes: Fluevog Wonders | Ayers (last worn here)

I actually wore these shoes to work on Tuesday but I didn't get any blog photos. I've been walking to and from work each day which is about 45 minutes so my feet are killing me. These shoes are very comfortable so after walking in my flats I can put these on and be comfortable all day.


Most of the clothes I brought with me are jersey fabric which is easy to wash and if it wrinkles they fall out of the fabric easily just by hanging it up. Smart thinking!

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm meeting up with someone who a friend connected me with. We're going for Vietnamese food not far from where I'm living. I'm nervous but it should be fun. 


7 comments:

  1. I love seeing you in Toronto! And you still look mmmmarvellous. I hope you have fun with noodles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they are easing you in gently to your new job, and things will get busier and more interesting soon. Good luck with your search for a better photo-taking location, and with your meal out. There's a lot of new stuff going on - scary but exciting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking to and from work in professional attire is an issue for me as well. Even with comfortable shoes, I'm finding that the soles wear out at an alarming rate. Lately I've been doing what I once swore I would never do: wear sneakers with office attire and change when I get to work. I look like a dork, but that's the way it is. I'd rather look like a dork than give up my walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on looking for a better photo location, sometimes it takes time to find your perfect discreet corner!
    Love your dress and it's nice that you're walking so much, very healthy!
    besos & shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll look back on the starting period at work and marvel at how little work you had! Though, seriously, I often 'under-load' new starters so they aren't scared off by lots of work. And it is quite a bit of work just starting a new job and being smiley, no?

    Have fun on your dinner out xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dress! Kisses x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely dress, glad you're starting to connect with your new place!

    ReplyDelete